When I was young, like any good girl I used to listen to what my mom had to say about regular skin and hair care. But over the time I have forgotten the many benefits of her advice. Come winters she would always make me massage coconut oil into my skin. She even took out time for hair care. Coconut oil has always been her go to tool for everything. Protecting my skin against dryness, slightly burnt skin and hair care, coconut oil had all the answers. Like myself, I am sure there are much more who forgot the many benefits of coconut oil. It is free from any chemicals and is easily available in a general store near you.
While going through the daily self-care regime, we tend to neglect our hair. A healthy scalp and great mane speaks a lot about our health. We should never neglect them. There are many ways to take proper care of them at home. Today, let’s explore the benefits of coconut oil for hair care.
Coconut Oil For Deep Conditioning
Hair care with coconut oil helps to restore moisture in hair along with strengthening the roots. Follow the steps for a saloon like head massage and deep conditioning.
- Take a spoonful of coconut oil. Make sure it’s a bit warm
- Part your hair and divide them into small parts
- With the help of the tip of your fingers apply it all over your scalp
- Massage gently
- Don’t be harsh on your scalp
- Take oil in your hand and apply to the length of your hair
- Be careful, if you have an oily scalp just apply oil to hair and skip on in scalp
- Massage your hair for 5-10 mins.
- Put on a shower cap
- To help the pores open up and absorb oil, warm gently with the help of hair dryer or wet towel
- Let the oil sit for 30 mins or so
- Wash your hair twice and condition them well
Once you are done, you will find your hair smooth and shiny. Make sure you get rid of all oil.
Coconut Oil For Dandruff Treatment
Dandruff is the biggest hair problem. We need to take proper steps for hair care. Coconut oil will help you moisturize your scalp properly and get rid of the white dandruff flakes.
- Massage oil well on your scalp
- Leave it for 15 to 20 mins
- Wash it to get rid of all oil on your scalp
- Use 2 tablespoons of Epson Salt. If you do not have Epson salt, use regular salt, it’s great for exfoliation
- Rinse it off with water
- Pat them dry
Repeat it every fortnight and you will find your hair silky smooth and dandruff free.
Coconut Oil For Healthy Tangle Free Hair
If you waste half an hour everyday to just de tangle your long tresses, coconut oil comes in handy. This generally happens when you have very dry and brittle hair. All you need to do is
- After you have washed your hair, before towel drying your hair take a small drop of coconut oil in the palm of your hand and rub it gently on the tips of your hair
- Towel dry your hair
While you comb your hair, you will notice that your hair is tangle free and frizz free.
Repeated use of coconut oil will give you long, smooth and tangle free hair. It is chemical free so it actually causes no harm to your hair or your scalp. Hair care with coconut oil is the best thing to have happened. You will never have hair problem again if you know how to use coconut oil for hair