Weather plays an important role when it comes to the effect on hands and feet. No one wants to have dry hands and charred feet. Winters have a huge impact on the skin as it becomes dry due to insufficient moisture. You need to take proper care of your hands and feet during winters. Apply moisturizer regularly and drink enough water to keep it hydrated. Here are a few tips to get soft hands and feet:
- Use soap that has moisturizer in it. Take special care to use warm water instead of very hot water as it can make your skin dry. Also you should take care that the hand is not rubbed with towel after washing. It should be patted with towel.
- While dish washing wear gloves so that your bare skin does not comes into contact with water again and again. This will protect your skin from getting dry and also chemicals of soap will not have bad effect on your skin.
- After you wash your hands and pat it dry, make sure to apply lot of moisturizer so that your hand remains wet. You can choose cream that has high amount of glycerin to keep your hand soft and smooth.
- It is advisable to exfoliate dry skin from hands as soon as you see them. You can make olive oil and sugar solution and rub it on your hands. Wash it after some time and apply moisturizer after drying hand to get rid of dry skin.
- Before going to bed apply moisturizer and cover your hands with gloves. Remove it when you wake up in the morning to find your hands soft.
- It is advisable to wear shoes that are of your size. Trying to fit in small shoes can cause corn.
- Try and wash your feet with lukewarm water especially during winters. You can use soap with less chemical content. If you use hot water chances of dryness of feet increases. Use pumice stone to remove dead skin and clean it with soft cloth.
- After the washing process is over you need to dry your feet properly. To get rid of dryness, apply moisturizer immediately after cleaning. Try and apply moisturizer thrice in a day.
- If you are suffering with the problem of dry feet quite often, take a tub full of lukewarm water and put around 5 to 6 spoons vinegar in it. Soak your feet for 20 minutes and repeat it at least four times a week. After this process dry your feet and moisturize properly.
- A very effective method is to mix olive oil, honey and vinegar in a bowl and apply it on your feet before going to bed at night. Wrap it with the help of polythene. Remove it with the help of lukewarm water next day in the morning. Remove dry skin and moisturize it well.
Now, you do not need to hide your hands while choosing a ring or buy shoes without trying just because they are dry and you feel ashamed of them. The above mentioned remedies can prove to be very effective and keep your hands and feet soft during winters. So, if you want hands and feet that become the object of others attention and jealousy, it’s high time you started following these steps.